View Single Post
Old
08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Great avatar. I just watched that movie again the other night.
One of my favorite movies of all time! I know you must be as excited for the The World's End as I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Congrats and good luck!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
what was emt training like? cost? how long? etc.
I did my training at MTSU's EMT program and I would highly recommend it. The two instructors are highly experienced Medics who now hold Supervisory positions with Rutherford County EMS. They know what they are talking about. My class was Tuesday and Thursday nights 6-9PM. I started I believe the third week of August last year and finished the second week of June this year. I believe the cost of the class was 2100$. That doesn't account for the uniform you have to buy, background check for your clinicals, physical, 2 TB tests, background check for the National Registry and the licensing fee. The money adds up. If you think you would like that type of work in emergency medicine it's a blast. You have to be 100% committed though because they throw a lot of information at you and you have to study hard. I believe they started the class earlier this year in July however. I just did it on a whim but it was fun and I experienced a lot of cool things.

Here's the link to their website.
http://www.mtsu.edu/universitycollege/training/emt.php