View Single Post
Old
08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
The only system in the world that turns Michael Leighton into Ilya Bryzgalov and Ilya Bryzgalov into Michael Leighton...

Or a system that turns marginal players into excellent performers when used correctly while exposing marginal players performing excellently in other systems when used incorrectly...

My money is on two, but that's only because I believe that behind every superstition there is a rational explanation that everyone overlooks because they're generally too busy freaking out.
This riles me all up, the goalie situation. I can't help it. but what you said happened before we gutted the team and brought in babies to play a very complicated system. It's complicated because of the speed it needs to be executed. after summer 2011 we had a lot of kids just pissing their pants trying to get used to the pace of NHL hockey and on top of tons of key injuries we had over compensating veterans that wound up being more detrimental defensively than effective. That's just the system tho. I really do think Jeff Reese is beneath us. We should be in the market for a new goalie coach. we'll see how this year turns out tho. But if he finds a way to screw up Emery my heads a gonna explode....again