View Single Post
Old
08-06-2013, 10:56 PM
EbonyRaptor

vCash: 500
I don't think the Hawks got the best the Kings could play in the WCF. Kopitar, Brown and Doughty seemed to be snake bit, and they were missing Mitchell.

The changes to the Kings roster going into 2013/14 make them a better team. They lost Penner, Richardson and Bernier, but Toffoli and Frattin are better anyway and even if Bernier is better than Scrivens it doesn't matter because Quick is playing all the playoff games anyway. If Mitchell can come back and return to form, the Kings are an improved team in my opinion.

On the other hand, the Hawks lost three key players - Bolland, Frolik and Stalberg. None of those guys are top-6 players but each of them fit a role and played it well. At least two of those spots will be filled with rookies, if not all three. With a quarter of the forwards being rookies - who knows how they will play? I guess a positive spin on that would be that by the time the playoffs roll around they shouldn't be playing like rookies anymore. At least the d-corps returns intact and Crawford is still there.

If the Hawks rookies play well, I'll pick the Hawks. If the rookies can't fill those skates, I'll pick LA.