View Single Post
Old
08-07-2013, 05:23 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
For me, having Morin above Nurse and Ristolainen is pretty shocking. I was plenty upset that they settled for Morin given who was already off the board. I'd still be wearing my flat-screen as a loafer if they passed on either or both of the above.
Why is it because the others were ranked higher by all the services or personal viewings? Just a quick word on the services: these are scouts who more than likely are (never made it) or were not good enough (fired for one reason or anther) to make it to the NHL. If they were good enough, they would be make more money in the big leagues than working for CS or ISS or whatever in all likelihood. The other point is that there is zero pressure for these ranking services. If a pro team is wrong, there will be layoffs as poor scouting leads to waste of assets and money and can cripple a franchise. Does anybody really notice if central scouting gets something wrong and does anybody care enough to have guys fired? The pro teams scouts probably look into more detail into things like personality, work ethic, sign ability, on and off ice demeanor than the services because their jobs literally depend on it.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote