Thread: Player Discussion: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Ryan is not overrated. He didn't have a great year in this shortened season, but over his first four full seasons he has scored 30+ goals in each one. Unless you think this past half season is more indicative of his talent than his career as a whole, Matt Read and Bobby Ryan are not on the same level. Matt Read is good, for sure. But he's not as good as Bobby Ryan. His seven less goals over the last two years is nice, but you don't just ignore Bobby Ryan's other three years in the league.

The local thing gets overblown alot, I agree with that. People think he's coming here because he's from here, which is silly. But I don't think his talent is overrated.
Put Matt Read on a line with Getzlaf and Perry, and move Bobby Ryan all over the bottom 3 lines on the Flyers. Who's your perennial 30 goal scorer now? Read is a better player without the puck. He earns in an entire season what Ryan makes in about a dozen games.

If Read was on another team, and from the Philly area, and Ryan was on the FLyers and from smalltown Ontario, me thinks we'd be hearing Ryan trade proposals like crazy, and that Read was "born to be a Flyer". Don't get me wrong, Ryans a good player. He just gets overvalued by a lot of Flyer fans.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is online now   Reply With Quote