View Single Post
Old
08-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Plenty of other teams have drafted franchise-type players outside the top 10. What you're trying to convey here is a bunch of ********, and an easy way out.

The Rangers have drafted 2 of these types of players in the last 30 years. Amonte and Kovalev. And they played their best hockey outside of this organization.

The inability to draft and develop blue chip forwards has haunted this franchise for decades. You'd think a crappy excuse like "Well, its tough to do when you're drafting outside the top 10," wouldnt fly by now.
holy **** calm down will you. I didn't say anywhere that there's never been franchise players drafted outside of the top 10. What I DID say was since 2007, where are all these elite players that have been stockpiled outside of the top 10 (So NYI, EDM, FLA don't count). And can you name them!? MAYBE Detroit. Us not being able to draft blue chip forwards does suck and should be addressed but we still have drafted pretty well with what we've been given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They find them. Look at Boston's draft's in the mid 2000s.

Ryan McDonagh (MON 1/12)
Kevin Shattenkirk (COL 1/14)
Max Pacioretty (MON 1/22)
P.K. Subban (MON 2/43)
Jamie Benn (DAL 5/129)

Erik Karlsson (OTT 1/15)
John Carson (WAS 1/27)
Derek Stepan (NYR 2/51)
Travis Hamonic (NYI 2/53)
for ****s sake I was making a point that SINCE 2007 (cause that was the year in discussion), there's no team with a true stockpile of highend talent that didn't get injections from the top 10. Except the Habs, I'll say that for now. But other than them who else has like 3-4 bluechip prospects that they took from later rounds? go on I'll wait.