View Single Post
Old
08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
If Gorton was with the Rangers in 2007,would they have taken Cherepanov or another player? Max Pacioretty had the pedigree the Rangers like. US born kid. Northeast. College bound player to Michigan. 6-2 200.

MOC talked about the Bruins winning the Cup with players his regime selected

Quote:
Prior to his dismissal as general manager in 2006, Mike O’Connell — a native of Cohasset, Mass. — put a number of pieces in place that would go on to carry the Bruins to their Stanley Cup victory, including draftees Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci.

“When you’re a general manager, you leave that to your scouts,” said O’Connell, now the director of pro development for the Los Angeles Kings. “You have a little bit of say. So if you’re going to give me credit for those guys, you’ve got to give me credit for Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Phil Kessel and all those other guys, because I was part of the same staff that selected Bergeron and Krejci.

“The three guys who picked those players were Daniel Dore, Nick Bobrov and Jeff Gorton. The scout they retained, Scott Bradley, was sick that year and did very little scouting. Those three guys basically made those selections and many prior to that, and were very important to the Bruins’ organization. Those guys should not be forgotten because they are what helped bring the Stanley Cup to Boston.”
http://hockeyjournal.com/news/pros/F...n_Bruins_glory

MOC also signed Tim Thomas. Gorton traded Raycroft for Rask.

Craig Patrick and his staff selected Brian Leetch and Mike Richter. Those two guys were main cogs for the Rangers. Neil Smith reaped the benefits. It happens.