View Single Post
Old
08-07-2013, 08:24 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Well, It was sort of misleading in my opinion.

When you said "Too many great D in front of him." It kind of gave the impression that he wasn't in a certain class.

When the reality is on the date you made that post Severson was 17 years old and he was just coming off an appearance on the U18 team. How many 17 year old defensemen make the U20 team?

He had an appearance on the U17, then U18 and then a camp invite for the U20 team while he was technically 18 years old, Happy Birthday Damon, today he is 19 years old... That would seem to indicate in his age group, he is one of the best Canadian Defensemen.

Yes, you were right...But I think you made it sound like he wasn't as good as his peers.
I think you're overstating it. He simply said Severson had no chance at the 2013 WJC team, which he didn't. Last year Canada had a very good D group, which would have been even better had Ryan Murray been healthy. The fact that he has surpassed so many other players drafted ahead of him to get an invite to this years camp means he is a very good player and has made significant improvement

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote