View Single Post
Old
08-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Seeing Pronger in the war room made me wonder what the restrictions are on him while he's on LTIR regarding involvement in administrative / scouting stuff. Could he, for instance, travel (as much as his health allows) as a scout, or be behind the Phantoms bench ina coaching role? It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he won't ever step back on the ice as an NHL player, and it's equally obvious that the team will LTIR him to make his salary available for the roster. Would the NHL FO or even another team raise a stink if he wasn't "actively rehabilitating" or whatever the official rules are for an LTIR situation?
I don't think it will be an issue. There have been other injured players who joined their teams behind the bench or work in the booth as assistant coaches. The league isn't going to complain. The PA isn't going to complain. I think as long as he says, which I believe to be true, that he wants to come back if his health allows, the situation will continue.

It would take a special exemption from the 35+ rules to allow the Flyers to buy him out in full and let him retire without a cap hit, and I don't see that happening.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote