Old
08-08-2013, 03:19 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
One question that keeps going unanswered by all those in favor of Gagne is why aren't other teams around the league who are sorely lacking forward depth jumping on him yet? Why didn't other teams jump on Knuble last year?

The "missed ya old pal" signings the Flyers put themselves through are never really beneficial to the teams success.
There are several possibilities:

1) He's done and no one is interested

2) Teams are interested, it just isn't being reported

3) He isn't interested in signing with anyone else

Of these, I would say the least likely of the three is that no one is interested. I know that he is ancient and has injuries, but he still scored at nearly a .45 PPG lats season. I would be very shocked if teams are not interested in a guy that can put up a point roughly every other game. I don't think teams would be interested in investing huge amounts of money and time in Gagne, but a guy putting up .45 PPG doesn't strike me as a guy who is finished. That being said, if there is something out there that I haven't seen or heard related to Gagne's health, this changes everything. If he is not healthy enough to play, then he may be finished, but as far as I know he is healthy. He may be prone to injury, but from everything I have seen and read, there is nothing to suggest that he is not able to play.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote