Thread: Player Discussion: Simon Gagne remains unsigned
View Single Post
Old
08-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
We do need wingers tho. A healthy left winger like gagne could fill a pretty good void for us if he signs for next to nothing which i think he will. I assumed there was already a deal worked out with him but were just waiting for the whole pronger LTIR thing to kick in at the beginning of the season. I still think he's capable of 20 25 goals with the right line mates.
Not necessarily. The offseason issue was whether Homer would replace Briere on the 2nd line. We speculated about Stalberg, Raymond, Gagne (and move Read up), etc. but when Lecavalier became available and signed, that all changed. Instead of a decent 2LW, we added a great 2C and moved Schenn to 2LW (and he's a better 2LW than any of the affordable UFA options).

The question of whether we can use Gagne depends largely on Laughton. If he makes the team, we don't need Gagne.

The bottom 7 look would look like this:

Talbot-Couts-Read
Rinaldo-Laughton-Hall
Rosehill

Depth:
The Usual Suspects: McGinn, Raffl, Akeson, Noebels, Brown, Cousins, Flanagan, etc.

If Laughton gets sent back to Oshawa, there is room for Gagne or one of the Usual Suspects.

Talbot can move around at all three positions in the bottom 6 as need be, which is his value.

If Laughton goes back to the OHL:

Gagne/Usual Suspect-Couts-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot
Rosehill

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote