View Single Post
Old
08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Bert, I am on your side. I cant wait for the Brooklyn move!! I hope we can leave tomorrow and not spend another day in Nassore County. I would be even more ecstatic once Charles Wang sells the team!!
If Wang sold the team, Nassau would have fought to keep them. Ironic. Dan-O's painting of a hero is only valid if you wanted the well below cap floor, spending nothing to fill the arena fan apathy government animosity ownership.

If Wang never buys the team, we have a renovated or replaced arena and a healthy Nassau tax revenue base. Wang buys, money is forever lost to Nassau County, local businesses will feel it directly and indirectly and the flight from LI will gradually pick up barring a miracle.

Oh, and Nassau will now have to raise taxes substantially. Not just from the Brooklyn move but by the inability of one Charles Wang to secure the building, upgrade the building and maintain the ticket sales and all vendor sales which contribute to the local economy far more than anyone here wants to admit.

Now Nassau government has to cut spending and lure businesses and major investment into the county or we might as well borrow Detroit's lawyers in a decade.