View Single Post
Old
08-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Apocalyptic Mist*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotSuperstar View Post
There's a time and a place. The guys is a stumblebum though, just like moreau was in his end of times. How many #1 D-men get paid 3.5M, cant pass, score, or rush the puck? I mean seriously 4 points last season for 1st line minutes? 4 freakin points? How long have the oilers been giving this guy prime ice time? He has had three seasons with zero goals. Yes zero. Thrice. How long have the Oilers been waiting on him? 7 years. .13 P/PG. career -39.

Yes this teams problems are 4th line flavor of the week. No, IMHO .. its mainly because of who is on the ice the most not being able to play hockey compared to his opponants who can.

Is this the type of liability we want to have in our second most important role on the team as our #1 D-Man?

And i was mainly reffering to him attempting to block shots on break-aways and 2v1's.. Did you watch Oil change? Remember where Smith is talking to Smid about Flopping everywhere? I don't have time to pull it up but I am sure somebody remembers.
Hes a #1 D by default, he should ideally be on the 2nd pairing... im sure you are smart enough to figure out why Smid is on the 1st pairing.

I know what clip on Oil Change you're talking about but fact is... the coach was just being a coach. A coach telling his players what to do in certain situations doesn't mean he is and I quote "uncoachable", it means he is still learning... it goes for everyone on the team... ex. Hopkins and Gagner with faceoffs. Please dont tell me you think they are uncoachable.

Last edited by Apocalyptic Mist*: 08-08-2013 at 11:50 PM.