View Single Post
Old
08-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic Mist View Post
Lol... you really think lightning strikes twice? We robbed the blues of Pronger in his prime... good luck with these ridiculous expectations. Smid is a number 3... 4 d ideally. Management said they need a #1 or #2 because guess what? We do need a #1 or #2 d... mind bottling I know, cant blame Smid for that at all. Putting his body on the line night in and night out and being a warrior on our blueline for years to come is one of the few bright spots on this team right now. Ainec.
I'm not trying to blame anyone. I like the guy. Thanks for responding also..

In response to your statement about putting his body on the line every game.. what about the rest of the team? What about Hemsky? RNH? Ebs playing w/a broken finger? Brown? Jones? Horcs punishment? Eager? Lander? Barker? Hordi? Sutton? Pecks? Khabby playing drunk? lol

It is expected to give it your all every game, and put your body on the line. That doesn't change the fact that he is inept with the puck.

He holds the most value so yes if lightning will strike twice it will have a better chance of happening with him. Either way it doesnt even have to be lightning, any static spark will do.. you dont think Smid a 2nd and Musil/Gernat + Harti could upgrade our top D? I love defense and have emphasized it's importance already.. however, the game is measured by who scores the most goals. I don't see how a career -39 and .13 P/PG game is suitable even for a top 4 D, let alone a #1 D.

Petry is almost equal to him in those stats now-a-days anyways, how redundant.

Mac-T is smart enough to figure this out I am sure and I highly doubt Smid will play his entire 7 or so remaining years with the Oilers. Either way his hockey IQ is not adequate to equilibriate with the rest of the team. We had a guy like him once.. Ulanov.. great warrior I loved him..

Smid should play bottom pair if anything, I don't understand how you can put him out there with all that skill. When the puck does manage to come up the ice,all you get is one rush from Hall who then gets smashed into the boards while Smid just stares at the guy.. Me kill you... no drop of gloves..

Total 14 Fights (.028 per Game) [If you can call them fights even]
NHL Career 7-4-2 / Win 48%

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/Fig...px?P=13154&L=1

What a warrior. He's no Jason Smith that's forsure. Jason Smith would not even blink an eye at Mason Raymond and Colin Fraser.. but there's Smid.. Pad them stats bro, just like those permiter shot blocks. He hasn't won a fight since Oct 2009.

Last edited by Steve BachIntyre: 08-08-2013 at 11:29 PM.