View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, because I've already stated being against Gagne returning. But in the last two weeks I've gone back and watched 7 games from late in the season. In many of those games Gagne is paired with Giroux and Voracek.

The big 2 repeatedly would set up Gagne for prime scoring opportunities, and he just couldn't finish. A lot of the time, Gagne would put himself in a good position to succeed. He just was unable to time and time again.

Other times I noticed Gagne being a step slow on getting to the net for rebounds or screens. Obviously, everyone knows he has no business playing with G and Jake. But if he couldn't succeed even a little playing with those 2, he can't succeed with anyone. I just think he's pretty much done. He certainly won't kill you on the ice with dumb stuff, turnovers, etc. But I just don't see him bringing much to the table anymore.

I 100% think Laughton gets the final roster spot. He probably will start centering the 4th line, then eventually move up to the 3rd line LW as the season progresses. Talbot starts the year as 3LW imo.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote