Thread: Player Discussion: Simon Gagne remains unsigned
View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 12:23 AM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, because I've already stated being against Gagne returning. But in the last two weeks I've gone back and watched 7 games from late in the season. In many of those games Gagne is paired with Giroux and Voracek.

The big 2 repeatedly would set up Gagne for prime scoring opportunities, and he just couldn't finish. A lot of the time, Gagne would put himself in a good position to succeed. He just was unable to time and time again.

Other times I noticed Gagne being a step slow on getting to the net for rebounds or screens. Obviously, everyone knows he has no business playing with G and Jake. But if he couldn't succeed even a little playing with those 2, he can't succeed with anyone. I just think he's pretty much done. He certainly won't kill you on the ice with dumb stuff, turnovers, etc. But I just don't see him bringing much to the table anymore.
I specifically remember the Carolina game, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He owed Giroux like 5 additional assists that game.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote