View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 01:12 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
We really need some hockey to talk about. Rangers prospects Skjei and Nieves both made the cut this past week for WJC consideration. Both should make the team. Two very solid prospects from last season's draft. Skjei is very underrated around here. He was a safe pick, but I really like his tools. McDonagh lite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
it seems we do a good job at drafting as long as its defense, but our drafting for forwards leaves alot to be desired.
I watched Skjei briefly last year. I haven't seen Nieves other than in rangers camp. I hear great things about Nieves, I hope he takes his game to another level this year. And obviously it would be great if Skjei can become a McDonagh lite.

I don't think our forward drafting has been great but it also hasn't been horrendous. Stepan, Callahan, Kreider, and Hagelin are playing on the NHL roster. We had Dubi and Anisimov until last July. Miller and Fasth aren't too far off imo. And Sather and Gorton have made some slick moves to bring in prospects like Lindberg and Kristo.

Again there are no "elites" in there but its hard to get "elite" when you don't draft in the top 5-10 ever.