View Single Post
Old
11-06-2006, 09:22 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
was a bit off balance and wanted to make sure his glove, with the puck in it, didn't cross the goal line.

Levitate - I agree on the third goal. I was wondering what Tyutin was doing. Pommeville went behind him, the shot came and he was there for a rebound. Tyutin played up too high and should've covered his man and at least be in position to attempt him from not getting to the rebound.

The more I think of yesterday's game, the more upset I get and think that it wasn't such a great game. They came out flat. That could be expected after coming off a west coast swing, although they should've been well-rested. Then they gave up a 3-1 lead on home ice to lose the game to a team that had played the night before and was just hanging on from sheer exhaustion. They lost the game. They lost the game on home ice. They lost a game on home ice after a successful west coast swing. And they lost a game on home ice after a successful west coast swing while giving up a 3-1 lead. I can spin that into a good this morning - yesterday, maybe, but not this morning.
Quite honestly in the first 10 minutes of the game I though they were going to get smoked. No shots in the first 12 minutes and Buffalo was pressing hard. They recovered well from that and than the PP started clicking as well. That third goal was brutal though. First off that kind of a shot a goalie like Weekes should be able to kick that into the corner. He has had problems with rebound control all three games that he has played recently. On many shots he was basically just letting the puck hit him and let the D clear out the rebounds. Toots should have played Pominville better and kept his body between Pominville and the net. Thats a brain fart right there. The combination of these two things led to that brutal goal and the downfall of the game. Soon as that goal was scored I had a bad feeling.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote