Old
08-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
It really isn't.

Advantage to trading Hemsky - getting cap space.

Advantages to keeping Hemsky -
a) skilled depth on third line - we need someone capable offensively on the third line.
b) If one of the top six wingers does down due to injury - who's playing on the PP or the top six wingers? Ryan Jones? Jesse Jonessu?
c) challenge the top six wingers for their time. If Eberle, Yakupov, Perron goes into a slump then we have someone to take over and offer a different look.
Sure, I understand the idea of the depth of skill, but I would rather players who play their roles well. Hemsky isn't a 3rd line type player nor should be be.

If their's an injury who plays on the PP? Maybe add another defenseman, go with 3f-2d if there are injuries, because right now it's looking alot like 4f-1d for the 1st unit and probably 3f-2d for the 2nd

Challenge to what end? Because they might slack? Have you seen the guys in the top-6, especially on the wings? Their level of compete, work ethics and motors are something Hemsky couldn't fathom.

I like Ales Hemsky, but I'm not convinced him being a second fiddle, 3rd line player will be the best for the team on the whole. When does he lose motivation when he can't get any of the "cherry" icetime?

The advantage to trading Hemsky include closing a chapter, getting a player back who fits a role better and avoiding a possible headache