View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Who said anything about wanting Couturier gone or moving Laughton? If Laughton makes the team, then I seriously hope the Flyers do the following:

Lecavalier - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Couturier - Schenn
Hartnell - Laughton - Read
Talbot - Hall - Rinaldo

However, if the Flyers are going to go with Giroux - Lecavalier - Couturier down the middle, then no, Laughton shouldn't be playing on the fourth line and even worse, he shouldn't be playing on the wing. For anyone who's watched Laughton, his game is not that of a winger. You'd be wasting the skill set he brings to the table by putting him on the wing.
Vinny said he strongly prefers to play RW, if not at center. Voracek and Simmonds also play RW exclusively. So I don't see that working.

Anyway, It certainly sounds like they plan on Giroux - Lecavalier - Couturier down the middle. That's what Homer said at the press conference. Obviously things can change, but I highly doubt they plan on moving Vinny to wing for Laughton to not have his skill-set diluted.

Similar to Laughton, many people will argue that B. Schenn is more suited in the middle also. Just because he's better suited at center doesn't mean we are just going to bury the guy in the OHL or AHL. If he can contribute to the team at LW, better than any other candidate, he should be on the team. If he isn't, than so be it. Put him back in the OHL. Going off statements Homer made late last year, it certainly seems they plan on having Laughton on the team. Maybe things have changed because of the Vinny signing. We shall see.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote