Thread: Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 2
View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Leehh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
This is a bold statement to make. He could be an impact player in OHL but that is something we just can't be sure of. Nordic players in general tend to have career paths in which they hit their prime later. There haven't been any Nordic player that has "absolutely destroyed" any Canadian junior league, at least that I'd remember.

Teravainen is a good prospect but he most propably wouldn't even be one of the best CHL players. His size and strength would be exposed most propably since CHL has around the same average size as FEL (difference is less than 5lbs). In finnish junior U20 league, which has over 5kg (~10lbs) smaller average weight and couple of inches less average height than either CHL or FEL, he was less than a point per game player at age 16 and at age 17 he was at less than 2PPG pace before cracking the Jokerit FEL team. At that age he most definitely wouldn't have absolutely destroyed Canadian junior leagues. And I highly doubt he would do that even this season as a 19 year old.

He has the best traits of a big ice playmaker and the transition to the smaller ice will propably be hard for him too.

That said I think he would be a point per game player. But we can't know that for sure.
Usually top scandinavian prospects tend to stay with their teams because, 50 000 season vs CHL $50 a week it's different when you talk about guys who can't yet make it in their FEL/SEL team. Just look at the guys who they drafted this year, pretty much all of them are moving to Canada, because they're not good enough to FEL/SEL. That's for sure i wouldn't either go back in minors if they gave me opportunity to play professional hockey against higher competition in my home country with decent paycheck.