Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III: "Hemsky Off The Market" - MacT Presser
View Single Post
08-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
Comic Book Guy
Sometimes you have to wonder how so many Oiler fans developed this "inferiority complex" towards any player outside their team.
The Isles wouldn't do Hemsky for Okposo? Are you serious? How do you justify this? Did you mistake Okposo for Evander Kane ?
- Are we talking about the same Okposo who's 25 years old? (4 years younger than Hemmer?)
- Are we talking about the same Okposo who had 4 goals last season?
- Are we talking about the same Okposo who was on a 7 goal pace last season? (Over 82 games)
- Are you going to say that Okoposo is a "powerforward" while Hemsky's a "finesse player"? The same Okposo who had 46 PIMs to Ales Hemsky's 52 PIM's in their last full seasons?
- Are you talking about the same Okposo who has had a career 0.58 PPG to Ales Hemsky's 0.76 PPG?
- Are you sure Garth Snow would really balk that BADLY over an Okposo for Hemsky proposal? Really?!?
What's wrong with Oiler fans? Why do we always have to downplay player values if they're not in the Fab 5? Why? Makes no sense.
Okposo is signed to a much cheaper contract long term, is indeed younger, has had about the same ppg the last two years and plays a bigger game. Why on earth would Snow consider this trade especially since hemmer has been more injury prone and seemingly declining. His contract is up sooner and islanders arnt looking to spend money. I'm sorry if you view my reason as being an 'inferiority complex', we all have opinions don't we. I just see it a different way I suppose. Lots of things to take into account but ultimately I don't see how we would ever be able to make that trade unless we add.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by PETRYDISH