View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 05:32 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
We have a bunch of forwards and a bunch of D.

Do we have a PP? We all know the answear to that one.

As it is right now, I don't think JT Miller appears in a single line-up prediction I've seen. The kid was 19 y/o -- 19 y/o -- last season, and still did a fairly good job. 9 of 10 times a kid that is that close at 19 is much improved at 20. He won't die from playing in the AHL -- but I think its very likely that he is ready next season. Kreider, JT Miller, Zucc, Pouliot, Dorsett, Asham, Richards, Brassard, Fasth, Hrivik. We have guys who can play LW. Hagelin is a player I really like. But he doesn't make our break this team in any way. Our PP looses games for us. It destroys players we pick up. It holds back our kids. It just sucks a ton of energy out of us overall.

I am not even getting into the problems we get 5 on 5 due to not having someone who can open things up.

Rundblad is 6'3. He is a very underrated hitter. Excellent hip check. Due to his foot speed, he is below avg defensively. But we don't have to play him 5 on 5 in important D situations for the coming two years, before he really has settled in. Girardi and McI would play PK for us and important D minutes 5 on 5 down the road.

And, we could always swap MDZ for a forward. Trade Hagelin for Rundblad and MDZ for a winger.
I agree despite the bold Rundblad with these low #s for 2 years, is worth considering.
If a guy like Skjei is here in 3 years, his superior skating would offset and could be a complementary pair.

Of course, the ? is, is it worth picking up DR now, and if so, what use can we get out of him, and also at what price?

I'm not comfortable moving Hags for him.

But I believe there is some combo we can come up with which works for us and Phx.

now, what could that be..........

Last edited by bernmeister: 08-09-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: content clarification