View Single Post
Old
08-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Had a good lockout year, that's great. Joel Ward also put up 18 points in 73 games last year, so he definitely is the inconsistent type. Ward also wasn't playing with a broken foot. Ward's career year is Hemsky's off year.

I wouldn't say Hemsky has any sense of entitlement whatsoever, that seems like a biased statement, and there is still a way to have Hemsky and still fit role players like you mentioned.
Smyth 2.25M
Grebeshkov 1.5M
N. Schultz 3.5M

7.25M right there that really shouldn't be there. That 7.25M could have been used towards getting a 3rd line LW and adding a depth C.
This is the second season in a row where Hemsky has turned in a subpar performance while still wanting top 6 minutes. At this point, it's no longer an off year as much as it is decline.

There are many ways we could've added solid bottom 6 players. Ryan Smyth should never have been brought back and N Schultz should've been cap dumped to Colorado or something. Getting rid of Hemsky is just the fastest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim2001 View Post
To Edmonton:
Bertuzzi (2m modified NTC)
Tootoo (1.9m)

To Detroit:
N Schultz (3.5m)

I think this makes sense for both teams. Edmonton still has a weak bottom 6 and extra D, while Detroit has extra forwards (15 listed on capgeek, one RFA and could resign Cleary or Brunner) and a lackluster D core.
Eww, I'll take Eaves or Miller instead.