View Single Post
08-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Miller Time
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
This "Best team in the conference" finished 4th last year (3rd in points). They swapped out Horton, Seguin and Ference for Erikkson and Iginla. Very reliant on 36 year old Chara-Iginla duo. Iginla racked up 5 points more than the beloved David Desharnais last year.

They gave their goalie a massive raise and 8 year contract.

Biggest problem with Bruins is they're still $2 million over the salary cap even after removing Savard on the IR, and that's with only 21 players on the roster. Someone else has to go.

I don't know why we always have to praise the Bruins, they're not a cut above anyone, especially not the Penguins, regardless of what happened in the playoffs. Everyone is reading way too much into the size they allegedly have (2 guys are big, the rest are cheap turds like Marchand).

I see them right in the mix with Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Capitals and Rangers - hard to say any of those teams is clearly better than the others.
Seem to recall similar comments about the B's last year... We all know how that story ended.

I hate the bruins with a passion, and would to see them implode. Reality is that their group, of which the leadership is largely intact & still very effective, is that they have a cup & runner-up finish in their past 3-years on the resume.

If anything, habs fans generally underrate them vs overrate them.

Very solid goalie
Top-6 defense deeper than most in the league
Great mix is scoring, toughness, role-players up front
Coach/system that fits their roster & has locker room support
Solid & surprisingly deep group of NHL prospects knocking at the door

Bruins simply have fewer holes/question marks than any team in the East.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote