View Single Post
Old
08-10-2013, 08:27 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Hodgson View Post
Like the title of the thread says, should they have?

Did the Canucks pick Horvat because he was safe? I think we need more pure offensive talent than big 2 way forwards. Plus Gaunce seems like he's on his way to becoming a solid NHLer to play behind sedin and Kesler the next 3-4 years. Horvat seemed a little redundant and less proven IMO. Domi has had the spotlight on him his entire hockey career so far so I feel like he would be able to handle the spotlight and pressure of a city like vancouver. He's got this real edge and competitiveness to his game.
I have this feeling like horvat just got on a hot streak and it skewed his draft position too much.

I feel like his size was the least of the concern and unlike Schroeder he would be able to play and excel on the wing, something Schroeder has looked out of place at. People will bring up the size issue and compare him to Schroeder but they are different players.

Max Domi is already bigger, stronger and well trained physically. Probably around 195 lbs of pure muscle. Where as Jordan Schroeder tops out at around 180 lbs. Domi seems to also have the explosive speed Schroeder lacks which is crucial if you're that small. Schroeder is a excellent skater but at 5'8 you would have hoped that he was even more quicker.

We already were drafting a lot of size the last few years. Not like our prospect pool was all smaller players. Would have loved domi at 9th and then went for a safer pick at 24th.
If he has any relation to goon head Ty then no. I wouldn't have drafted him at all.