View Single Post
Old
08-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Trelane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
At the same time, TSN ranked Domi ahead of Horvat so who cares what McGuire had to say.

We don't need to sunk to a level where you use everything against Domi as a prospect, to say that Horvat is a better player. Wait and see, and be happy about it. There's no reason for anyone to trash Domi.

Speculation is crap. People said that Carolina wanted Horvat at 5th, but the fact is they didn't draft Horvat. Don't believe everything you hear. You don't know which team wanted who, what, and where.
Who's trashing anything? We're adults here, mostly, unlike at CDC, ain't we? Must we end all comparisons by "but so-and-so is also good" and other nauseating PC inspired niceties. The fact that both guys are good and that one prospect will in time prove to be better is given. If it's Domi, so be it.

Mine was a statement of facts of what was said during the broadcast. Just before each pick TSN showed a range of options or "best available" tailored for the team that was on the clock. I've no doubt that they would rate Domi as the better offensive prospect, but probably not so in anything else.

I've zero issue with honesty here. Size matters! At the time I wanted the big Russian, but Kovalchuk's departure cured me of any residual doubts. Fact is I would be a lot less impressed if Nucks came out of it with two sub 5'11" prospects. A team needs complimentary pieces.