View Single Post
Old
08-10-2013, 10:47 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
I understand where you are coming from. But what are the chances this team doesn't sustain an injury to that D-Core? We have been extremely lucky in the past with injuries.

Of course we can play this game all day with hypothetical situations. But this team reminds me a lot of when we really just had gabby (Nash) to do the scoring. The team has a lot of question marks, Is Richards going to bounce back ? Is Krieder gonna finally put it all together ? Is the bottom 6 really improved? Will Stephen be that first line center? and the most important " Will this coaching change really benefit this team?"

Most of you guys are convinced we will have the same results if not better with this coaching change but their is just as much of a chance of this not working or the players not adjusting correctly right away.

Listen i hope I'm wrong but ill stay optimistic, But i don't want us to lose again in the first or second round
Not likely that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Personally I don't think Richards is going to be any better but I expect more from Kreider. Whether he picks up big numbers is another thing. I expect he'll contribute more though.

The past two seasons the Rangers have had Marc Staal who was arguably their best d-man out for long stretches and survived--still one of the better defensive teams.

The Rangers overall top end talent at forward didn't improve but they've got a lot deeper on the bottom end. Better players. Yeah--they improved. Going into last season--Boyle, Pyatt, Halpern, Asham, Rupp--then traded for Powe. These guys did not contribute anywhere near enough--some didn't contribute anything at all. Looking at momentum swings--when you have a weak bottom 6 then your top 6 are constantly trying to regain momentum. I'm very encouraged that the Rangers this year should be able to roll 4 lines and do well and the more your bottom lines contribute the easier it is for your top lines to play at their best.

As for Stepan--Brassard--they are not elite players. For that matter though the Eastern Conference Champion Bruins team have Bergeron--Krejci. Very good players--not elite either. Stepan reminds me a bit of Bergeron--though not as good at face-offs or as quick a skater. Brassard led the team in playoff scoring.