View Single Post
08-11-2013, 12:56 PM
dim jim
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
I said that he's got a lot of potential to be a star. His dad was a star (from a notoriety perspective), he's been in the spotlight his whole life. He's thrived in the spotlight. His very name itself psychs up his opponents to play against him - it puts a target on his back. Succeeding in the face of those challenges makes what he's done even more impressive. Think Max Domi will be the type of guy that gets scared in the playoffs?

He has a rare and unique skillset - an extremely skilled, offensively creative type (I hope you all saw his feed to McDavid the other day?). He's also got a brashness and a cockiness to him, which is pretty common amongst guys who make it to the top (Kane, anyone?). I would've liked to have seen the Canucks take a gamble, for once, on the higher-reward guy. The OP brings up a valid point in that Brendan Gaunce is pretty comparable to Bo Horvat, in a lot of ways.
What do you mean "Take a gamble for once" They took a gamble 15 picks later with Shinkaruk. Did you not remember 09 when Schroeder was the highly rated small prospect, did they not take a risk with him?