View Single Post
Old
08-11-2013, 02:16 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I went to temple but didnt finish because of hard to borderline degenerate partying. I want to go back and finish but I want to change majors and was wondering if anyone knew what kind of jobs would be possible to get within the organization. I know it's not realistic but more of a high goal to set for myself but I think I would truly love working for them in any capacity
Sports Management/Marketing

I have a degree in such and the job market is very bad at the moment. The Flyers' job openings are typically only college internships (so jump all over that **** if you're still in school). They had a Sales Associate position open up last season which I was invited to the group interview for, and didn't get a position.

Your Sports Management professors and teachers will likely tell you the best/easiest way into Sports is through ticket sales, and that's somewhat accurate, unless you have an internship and do really well...they may keep you for a job (still likely sales).

If you can, get a minor in Marketing, or Journalism, or something like that to give you another option to get into sports.

I've done internships with the Riversharks and Trenton Titans, interviewed with the Flyers, Mets, Pirates, Manchester Monarchs, Trenton Thunder, Riversharks (lolz), and others but to no avail.

Sports is basically an all-in job. You can't get your degree in it and bank on a job with the Flyers. You have to be prepared to move anywhere, for any sport, at any level. Classes are pretty cool. Jobs are awesome. Looking for a job sucks.

Good luck

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote