Thread: Sather Speaks
View Single Post
08-11-2013, 09:40 PM
eco's bones
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
5 years is kind of misleading. It was 4 seasons. Slats took over a team that had missed the playoffs 3 straight years. The team had a empty farm system. Then they missed the playoffs 4 more seasons. Before the lockout Slats traded plenty of players for picks. Since then they have made the playoffs every season except 1.
A good part of the reason the farm system was empty was that boss James Dolan who Sather ass kisses in that article pushed Neil Smith to go the free agent route--Smith has said so anyway and there's very good reason to believe him because after Neil was fired and Sather hired--nothing really changed--we continued to buy up every all star on the decline that we could--we continued to ignore the farm. It could only go on for so long--Richter and Graves had their sell by dates--and then Brian Leetch as well.The only one who seemed immune was Messier but he was about as overrated as it got after he came back from Vancouver. And sometimes I would think it was him running the team. Sather's team was collapsing all around him by the time the lockout year came around.

Now since the lockout Sather has seen the light and has gotten much better. I see no real reason at the present moment to dump him but this bit of bs he's peddling is just his own version of events and as far as I'm concerned it's revisionist history.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote