View Single Post
Old
08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Too many lefties. I would be disappointed if we weren't able to acquire an impact RHD by the time all those guys are ready to play.

I doubt he ever gets that heavy. He doesn't really have the frame to carry that much weight effectively (he's got narrow shoulders for a tall guy). I think if he gets to 230 and keeps his movement skills, that's a win. I imagine he'll settle somewhere in between Pronger and Tyler Myers size wise. 250 is Gil, Chara, Oleksiak territory. Those are naturally big guys and none really comes close to moving like Morin (Oleksiak is close I guess, haven't seen too much of him in person).
Re: Righties, yes, it would be nice to acquire one, but it's not easy.

This was Chris' list:

Gustafsson - Schenn
Hagg - Morin
Gostisbehere - Manning
Lauridsen

But in the system there are some righties:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/roster.htm?type=prospect

Alt and Willcox seem like realistic potential NHL prospects to join Luke Schenn, who is going to be here awhile.

Hostetter, Lamarche Luukko are longer shots who are RHS.

In terms of Morin's weight, it's way to early to spectulate on his eventual size. He just turned 18. He's only a kid.

I remember seeing Pronger in a bar in Toronto one summer. He'd just been traded from Hartford to St.Louis (looked it up - 1995, he hadn't turned 21 yet), and I could not believe how skinny he looked in a golf shirt and shorts. My friend and I were saying 'this beanpole is one of the toughest players in the NHL?'

Pronger is currently listed at 220 and so are Coburn and Lauridsen. Morin's already listed at 202.

By the time Morin's 25, he's going to be plenty strong to go with all his other attributes.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote