View Single Post
Old
08-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Bouma Fett
Booty Hunter

vCash: 50
Was really, really happy on Saturday. Some friends took me to a pick up type of thing, just a bunch of people gathered together, teams were formed, and we played a bunch of shorter games switching opponents, played for about three hours, there was 6 teams of 6-8 people each, really friendly, just having a good time. It was ball hockey as well, smaller sized playing areas each so three games were going simultaneously. 3 on 3 with us doing our own line changes as we saw fit.

It was a big deal for me, because I fractured my fifth metatarsal on April 29, and it was my first time playing since. I was doing goalie, since out of all my friends, I'm the only one who will. I'm average at best most of the time, but my friends don't care, because they don't have to play goalie if I do haha. But i felt pretty good, still get stiffness and soreness in the foot, my movement speed isn't as good as it used to be, especially side to side. But I played pretty well, and had fun. Don't see myself doing any league type play for a while, likely just going to be me and the friends playing against each other, we like heading to random communities, starting a street hockey game, and letting anyone in the area who wants to join play as long as they got a stick, just fun to do.

TL;DR: Fractured my foot three and a half months ago, played ball hockey for the first time since, really happy about it