Thread: It's boiling...
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2004, 09:38 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
See the attached. I don't believe in Esche, because he's really no different than any other goalie to pass through philly... he was mediocre to horrible in phoenix, and "suddenly got good" in philly? It's because Philly is a better team, with better defense, and that affects goalie statistics.
That's fine if you don't believe in Robert Esche. However, just knowing Clarke and what he has done in the past, we aren't getting a new goalie anytime soon so are stuck with Esche. We are a better team and therefore make him a better goalie. I think if everyone gets off their butts and starts working out there on the ice, he will get more confidence and start maybe stealing games. I really do think that with Hack, they've had it. Right now, Esche has said he sees nothing coming from the bench and that can't be reassuring to your netminder when he sees the team in front of playing as if the game didn't mean anything. These guys need to wake the hell up. I do not want them losing to the Maple Qweefs come Friday. I didn't buy these tickets to watch the Flyers lose.