View Single Post
Old
08-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
That's not really Sather's MO though. Going back to 2000 the only trades Sather made that meets this description was Nash for Dubinsky/Anisimov+ and maybe Lindros for Hlavac/Johnsson+.

Sather didn't give up anything of value (at the time or in retrospect) for Bure, Jagr. He gave up some value for Dunham but he had really no choice at the time.
That's fair to say. I was trying to say that he's done a lousy job of identifying and keeping said 'core' but admittedly my disdain for him got in the way of my thought process.

While he may not have dealt the core away per se, he has certainly uprooted much of it in one way or another. Tyutin was dealt because Redden was about to be signed. Korpikoski was dealt to bring in 'more offense' that played 50 games here. Rozsival was dealt for a guy who spent all of 40 games with us. He let Orr wa;l so he could bring in an endless cycle of useless, more expensive goons who never made an impact here. Not to mention the countless other mercenaries he's brought in that have come and gone with little positive effect.

Point being, this guy has little idea how to actually assemble a team. He has little patience and changes his mind like he changes his pants.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote