Thread: Speculation: Andrew MacDonald's next contract
View Single Post
Old
08-12-2013, 02:02 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
He'll get paid. Honestly, if I were him, I'm going into this season thinking I can hit at or around the $5M per year mark on the open market. It's not even that unreasonable, assuming he spends yet another season on the top pairing(I think this will be his 3rd straight year?). Add in that he's only 26 years old, and I'm guessing that he'll be a pretty attractive piece. IMO $4M is a given. If a team is desperate enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get $5M.

That said, I think his future with the Isles will depend on a few things: One would obviously be how he performs in 2013-14. Another would be how guys like Donovan and de Haan look at the NHL level, and in de Haan's case whether or not he can play a full season. The other would be the development of Reinhart. IMO he could very well make the team next season, but even if he doesn't there's a great chance of him sticking in '14-15. If the Isles want to keep a space open for him, and guys like Donovan, de Haan, Strait and/or Hickey have spots locked up, MacDonald could end up being a casualty. Especially if he's looking to hit the jackpot.

Regardless, it should be interesting to see how this plays out.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote