View Single Post
Old
08-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva7 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Don't get me wrong, 2yrs would be ideal for the Isles. But I really don't think he'd be interested signing short term. He's gonna want 4+ yrs...and if Garth won't give it, someone else will.
Sorry, I guess I was not clear enough. I meant that if the Islanders were to sign Amac for 4 or 5 years, it would give the Pulock's and Mayfield's time to develop. THEN Amac would have around 2 years left, which would be very tradeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I like MacDonald, but personally if de Haan stays healthy next season and plays the way I believe he's capable of playing, I could care less if AMac walks(no offense to the AMac fan-club).

IMO, de Haan's future here is with Hamonic, which appears to be top-pairing given Hammer being our best defenseman. Strait has proven to be at least a quality bottom-pairing guy, so that only leaves the 2nd pairing as far as LHD openings go: IMO, that spot is all but being warmed for Reinhart, who I expect to be here by the start of 2014-15 the latest(coincidently, the season after MacDonald becomes a UFA).

I suppose it all depends on de Haan, but I'm sure I'm higher on him/have more confidence in him staying healthy than most.
Oh boy... You really want to replace Amac's 20 or so minutes a night with DeHann who has ONE NHL game under his belt? wow

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote