Thread: Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Top 25
View Single Post
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Go Habs Go
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Thanks as always for a great read, Montreal. I'd probably put Tinordi at 1 myself, but as you say the top group is interchangeable.

It's an interesting group of prospects. Lot of high-risk high-reward forwards in the mix, which sure makes watching them develop fun.
thanks. I really like the top 3 as I'm a huge Collberg fan and I am clearly impressed with McCarron. With Tinordi and Beaulieu, I don't like them as much as others do as I feel some fans are going to be very disappointed to different degrees. With Tinordi I get the impression some view him as a future Chara or Pronger, someone that is dirty to play against but I don't see it. To me I would have Tinordi #1 if he had a mean streak to his game and was more physical, perhaps we'll see it in the future as he gets more comfortable and fills out more plus gets stronger.

But I like Tinordi for the Habs a lot more then I do Beaulieu who I think is going to get eaten alive at times by Hab fans as his defensive game is a major problem for him. If I felt it was something he could improve upon in a big way then I would have him as the #1 prospect but I'm not sold that he has the smarts along with other issues. That said both should easily be full time NHLers in the future, I just don't think they are going to be as good as many hope they will be. But I can easily see why anyone would rank them at the top, as Tinordi should be very valuable to the Habs and Beaulieu can take over a game when he wants as he's clearly highly skilled.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote