08-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Translation:

I would like to use Canadiens to get a better deal from NYR.
That may well be true.

In 9 years.

A reminder that Malkin's new contract doesn't kick in until next season, so he's still under contract with Pittsburgh for 9 more years. He'll turn 36 the off-season the following contract would begin. A trade is a possibility, but any deal to get Malkin in the near future would gut any team acquiring him so much that they'd probably be worse off for doing so. I'm sure you all are aware of this, but I wouldn't deny cracking a smile if, say, Steven Stamkos said he'd consider playing for Pittsburgh down the road, even if it was nearly a decade away from being feasible.

One thing about the tweets that confused me, though...Dallas offered him more? Wouldn't that be tampering considering he still had more than a year left on his contract? I'm legitimately not sure about the language on that and I know the Penguins could talk to him about the extension before he reached RFA status (remember the contract was agreed upon on June 13, but couldn't be made official until July 5), but I didn't think any other team could talk to him for another year still.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote