View Single Post
Old
08-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Okay, good to know about the 8 defensemen.

Is Laich so ineffective at center at this point in his career that you wouldn't trust him at 2C? Or is just that you'd prefer him playing first line over the alternatives either existing on the roster or in UFA? I would think Erat would be next in line to take over 1LW if Johansson did get moved. 2M left to sign Boyes, Raymond, Brunner, Morrow, etc for 2LW.
I actually don't mind Laich at center, as opposed to most Caps fans. That being said, I'd prefer him at 3C instead of 2C and would be very open to upgrading 2C.
There isn't much skill on the second line, which is why Erat is a better fit there for now. Depending on who is the 2nd line center, either Laich or Erat could be the 1LW. If it's someone like Grabovski, Erat is still likely the better fit to keep up with Grabo's tempo and to help distribute the puck to both Grabo and Brouwer. Laich can very well fill the Mike Knuble-type role with Backstrom and Ovechkin as the 1LW as well.
None of those "2LW" options are particularly appealing to put on a line with Laich and Brouwer. That would essentially be a glorified third line, with all north-south guys and not much skill or playmaking ability.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote