View Single Post
Old
08-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So where does Mathieu Perreault fit? I'd really like to acquire him as a Yotes fan, too. I think he'd maybe be good in a Ray Whitney role on our Czech line.

Doan-Ribeiro-Boedker
Perreault-Hanzal-Vrbata
Right now, most are penciling him as 3C between some combination of Chimera, Ward, and Fehr. Personally, if this is the roster the Caps are going with, I'd like to see him given a chance at 2C with Laich at 3C (to have more skill in the top six and a true shutdown line).

For whatever reason, the Caps have never really given Perreault a shot at left wing. He's played up and down the line-up at center, but none of the coaches have played him at wing, with Oates even resorting to the likes of Hendricks, Volpatti, and an ice cold Chimera as injury replacement top 6 LWers while Perreault was healthy and playing lower in the line-up.
Oates and Boudreau also seem to have had problems with how Perreault plays the system, with Oates actually calling Perreault out after he got injured against the Flyers for trying to do too much with the puck and Boudreau being known to yell at him during practice. Not sure if that's why Perreault hasn't been given more chances to fill top six spots.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote