View Single Post
08-13-2013, 01:35 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Vancouver isn't going to be any better even if Luongo does come back.

I'm actually not all that impressed with how the powerhouse teams of the West have managed their assets to improve. With Detroit out the door and the Jets over here instead I don't see us having a harder time next year.

We're a better team and most of the other teams in the west looked pretty flat footed over the off season. We might not make the playoffs, but we'll be in the hunt for a helluva lot longer than we've been in it for a very long time.

I'll be disappointed if we finish any more than 4 points out of the playoffs.
If we make the playoffs I will be surprised because I'm really not happy with our bottom six. (I'd rather see Jones on the 4th line, don't want Ryan Smyth, we need a legit 4th line center and why the hell is Hemsky still here)

I'll be satisfied with 9th or 10th place in the west this year and I think it's very attainable. If Perron and Ference click well, Yakupov, Hopkins and Eberle take another step forward (no matter how small the step may be) and our 4th line holds it's own compared to other 4th lines out there (That last one is a big if IMO) we should look like a playoff team.

What would it be like playing the Hawks in the first round? Scary I know, but given the style that they play it would still be fun. I don't think it would be a low scoring series. Any playoff experience would be better than none even if we get booted out in 4 or 5 games to the champs.