View Single Post
Old
11-07-2006, 08:57 AM
MikeD

vCash: 500
there are many things that go into your grind. You need to learn to check to be sure your getting even inside and outside edges on the ROH as well as a proper centering of your radius profile. Hold a straight edge across the blade like a T. The straight edge should form a perfect 90 to the blade. I would offer more advice but my info is geared to the goalie skate.

What ROH are you having ground into your skates? If you have games scheduled you might consider picking up a used set of skates from a local consignment or play it again sports. Use those to experiment with until you find a grind you like. Have those ground at a 1/2 or 7/16ths ROH as a start. I also suggest asking around the rink and find out who does the best grinds locally. Dont trust your skates to some yeen behind the counter at the local pro shop. 9 times out of 10 they dont pay close enough attention, give you fresh dresses on the grind wheel etc etc etc...

Near Niagara falls NY....Two Old dads on Pine avenue (near hyde park) do OUTSTANDING GRINDS! The guy will dress the wheel several times through his process to get it near perfect! Be sure to TIP the guy who you do end up selecting as your GO TO grinder! 4 buck grind?.tip the guy 2 bucks!

Are you dragging the skate across the rink entry or the wood on hte bench after a fresh grind cause you dont like it? You should not need to do that with a good grind.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote