View Single Post
Old
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
The more, the better.

In all seriousness, Galchenyuk is my favourite player, but for him to reach the level of Malkin is unrealistic. Malkin's 1st 3 seasons were all respectively 85, 106 and 113 points. Galchenyuk's raw talent is nowhere near Malkin's skillset. Where Galchenyuk excels is his 2-way play. The kid is very well rounded already at his age. I prefer to have a lower expectation in terms of production for Galchenyuk. IMO, if he can be a 70-80 points, 2-way center that shows up in the playoffs, we have ourselves a franchise cornerstone.
Malkin also didn't play on the third line on his first 3 seasons. Put Galch on the first line center, he could be getting a point per game as early as this season. There's no doubt that if Edmonton could've predicted his minor-league numbers during the lock out, AND 2013's numbers, then they would've chosen him 1st overall. Yakupov is OK but its not that hard to find a winger that can score 20-30 goals on the first 2 lines..

Not saying that Galchenyuk going 1st overall would make any difference on his skill level though. After this year i'd say lets put him on the first line center. Assuming DD and Plek are traded, Eller will be 2nd line center and De La Rose will be third line... (don't want plek to go but management would likely choose eller over him cuz eller is young... Plek should be our next captain if he stays)

Last edited by HabsRockBruinsChoke: 08-13-2013 at 02:01 PM.
HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote