Thread: Prospect Info: Kristo has a strong worth ethic
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Same here, big fan of Thomas, though he doesn't have the size and I question if he's got enough speed to offset the size he lacks. These factors together may prevent him from reaching the NHL. Kristo on the other hand, is about as solid of a lock to see a kid make it as you can get. Sure Thomas has an elite shot, but Kristo has a decent one, solid play making, better size and he's probably the better skater of the two as well. Great deal for the Rangers, IMO, they fleeced Montreal again!
I liked Thomas as well but my impression of him was always that he might not have the extra skills he needed to use his shot effectively. Not quite shifty enough, not quite a good enough stickhandler, not quite good enough hockey sense...maybe those things could change or maybe I'm wrong, but he seems like he has pretty good all around skills and one really great skill, but it's to be seen whether he can put himself into position to use that great skill enough.

Rangers need some guys who can be possession players and Thomas doesn't seem like one of those players to me, while Kristo does.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote