View Single Post
Old
08-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
It really depends I guess. To be honest, most WHL GM's would likely have the ability to view him as a WHL player, not as an NHL prospect. There's a difference there and many people on this board likely don't have the ability to separate the two.

To be flat out honest, he's shown he can be a very solid WHL performer and is being valued as such by the Cougars. He had 15 goals and 40 points in 51 games in his rookie season, playing on a bad bad team.

Sure, he doesn't have a very complete resume, but everyone who's watched him coming up know just how skilled he can be. Add that to the fact that as a 1995, he's got three more years of WHL eligibility and you've got a player that still has some solid value on the trade market.

Given their situation with prospects not wanting to report and their want to be a playoff team ASAP, I would fully expect them to be asking for a three headed package, with two of those pieces likely being assets that can play now in the league.
I don't think I said anything about him as an NHL prospect?

Didn't Prince George do this with Jesse to a certain extent, then ended up trading him when his value hit the floor?

The longer they wait the worse it gets. Him suiting up for PG isn't going to solve anything because he'll likely be unhappy there with his family adding to that unhappiness in PG. It's just all a headache for everyone involved if they can't move him - which if their asking price is indeed 2 pieces that can play now+, they're screwed or someone is going to get ripped off big time lol

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote