Thread: Confirmed with Link: Couturier Re-signed 2 years 1.75M AAV
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 365
I find it funny that people have been saying he had a 'bad' season... when his defensive stats were far and away better than the guy who came 6th in Selke voting, (Jay McClement) and his offence was the same. (Considering they played comparable minutes, arguably both top 5 toughest of any player in the league.)

McClement and Boyd Gordon were the only two guys on the Selke voting list who played comparable minutes to Couts (Gordons slightly easier) and McClement was poor in comparison and came 6th, and Gordon was worse that Couts statistically but came 12th. Crazy that Couts didn't get 1 vote!

My big concern in his development is not really how hard his QoC is, he has shown in two years he can still be positive in advanced stats while playing some of the toughest mins in the league; it is his zone starts, I know they are interlinked, but the amount of times he gets thrown out there in his own zone is absurd, at least even that up a bit and give him a chance to get near the opposition net, even if it is against the better oppositions players! It would also let him develop his faceoff ability more, as all his facoffs at the moment are do-or-die, which does not encourage technical ability or trying new things.

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote