View Single Post
Old
08-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
So how do the playoff brackets break down? Are there more teams that can make the playoffs now? I am just a little confused to the new format because I honestly haven't paid attention to it
Top 3 in each division make it. The next two teams in the conference make it as "wild cards." Better #1 seed plays lesser wild card. #2 and #3 divisional seeds play within the division. Winner of division leader's series plays winner of that division's 2/3 series. Division finals winners play in conference finals.

So, if you had Pit (110), NYR (105), NYI (100), NJD (95) in the Metro and Bos (109), Tor (105), Det (103), Ott (101), Mtl (97) in the Atlantic, the playoffs would be Pit/Mtl, NYR/NYI in the Metro matchups and Bos/Ott, Tor/Det in the Atlantic matchups. Devils would still miss despite finishing 4th in their division.

Make sense? Thought so.

The only, only thing I don't like about it is, even if you have 4 teams from each division, you still get a crossover wildcard if the lesser team is in the opposite division from the better division leader. (ie, same Metro standings, but put Ott at 94 and Mtl at 93. The Devils make the playoffs instead of Montreal, but they still swap divisions with the Senators because Ottawa had less points).