View Single Post
Old
08-13-2013, 10:48 PM
skorf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
I'm sure Perron would be ecstatic to play on the 3rd line behind Hamilton or Joensuu.
Make his line the "shutdown" line. They'd likely start a lot of games against other teams top lines, and he would get solid minutes.

He'd still get PP minutes
Hall/Gagner/Yakupov/JSchultz/Hemsky
Perron/Nuge/Eberle/Petry/Belov or Ference

and we could give him PK minutes (let him and Gordon be on the #1 PK unit).... he could easily see 20+ minutes a night that way and lead all Oilers forwards in icetime.

Also, I'm sure he'd be just as happy playing behind those 2 as he would be about playing behind Jones.

Now I know someone will mention that idea is like the JFJ idea on the first line (it sort of is), but Nuge/Eberle are much more talented then Horcoff/Hemsky were. I'd say Nuge and Eberle have the puck control more like Toews/Kane or the Sedin's... I'd more be looking to find some like a poor man's Byfuglien (like their 2010 cup run) or like Anson Carter used to be for the Sedin's. Someone there who can be a bigger body, slap home rebounds, and has a decent shot for when the other 2 set them up. Since if the goal is to run 3 solid lines, we don't have the forwards to do that, so instead of finding a skilled guy to plug in on the 2nd line, we look for someone who could compliment Nuge/Eberle as a shooter in the slot, someone to dig pucks out of the corner, or someone to provide screens in front of the net.