View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Montreal and Toronto got off to good starts in the 48 game lockout season. They tailed off a bit towards the end. Would they have made the playoffs in a full season? The Islanders had a great run at the end to get 8th. Arthur Staple of Newsday had a chat today. Islanders management is content with their D after losing Streit. Hamonic. MacDonald. Vishnovsky. Hickey. Carkner. Strait. Donovan as their 7th. Nabokov is 38. No experienced backup goalie.Streit is 35 years old and a minus player but they haven't replaced him. The guy plays 20 plus minutes a game. PP QB. Their leading scoring D. They are not re-signing Boyes. Bouchard and Clutterbuck were brought in from Minnesota. Bouchard replaces Boyes. When was the last time Bouchard played a full season? The Islanders are one team which will take a step back. Tavares is a great player. Moulson is a good player. Hamonic and MacDonald are good defenseman. Too many question marks after that.
That's a pessimistic outlook. What about Strome, and the growth of certain young players? I'm not a Nabokov fan either so I agree on that, but I do think that they're a playoff team.